CVF Helps Put Guinta and Garcia Over the Top in New Hampshire
New Hampshire - CVF endorsed Frank Guinta and Marilinda Garcia won decisively in yesterday's Republican primary for New Hampshire's 1st and 2nd Congressional districts.
They go on to face liberal incumbents in the general election on November 4th. Both of these incumbents have a record of support for President Obama's policies that exceeds the desire of New Hampshire's residents.
Both Guinta and Garcia have a strong record of standing up for conservative principles and their constituents, which they will continue when elected.
New Strong Conservatives Elected To U.S. House Of Representatives
Your Help Made it Possible
The new Congress will see almost three dozen new Republican Members of Congress. Of these, many are future conservative leaders. They include:
- Tom Cotton (AR-04) is a principled conservative who graduated from Harvard College and Harvard Law School. He left his law practice to volunteer for the Army and declined a JAG offer to be an infantryman. In 2006, he was platoon leader in Iraq with the 101st Airborne. In 2008, he volunteered to go to Afghanistan. Your CVF endorsed him in the primary and helped him to win election. He will be a conservative leader and spokesman in Congress.
- Matt Salmon (AZ-05) is once again going to be an outstanding representative for Arizona and the nation. Matt is a conservative leader who does what he says he will do. Having served in Congress before, Matt will hit the ground running.
- Ron DeSantis (FL-06) is another solid conservative that Conservative Victory Fund endorsed in the primary. He is a graduate of Yale and a magna cum laude graduate of Harvard Law School. To help put himself through college, he worked at many jobs including sweeping floors, parking cars, working as an electrician's assistant and more. He is also a veteran of Iraq. He has served as federal prosecutor and a military prosecutor. He is a strong defender of the Constitution and wrote a book Dreams From Our Founding Fathers: First Principles in the Age of Obama.
- Jackie Walorski (IN-02) started her career as a television reporter. As a member of the Indiana legislature, she fought for lower taxes and cutting spending. Jackie has a record of standing up for conservatism while a member of the Indiana State Legislature. She will do the same in the U.S. House.
- Kerry Bentivolio (MI-11) was not supposed to win. Establishment Republicans first tired to defeat him with a write-in candidate. But it didn't work. He is a small government conservative who understands that centralizing power reduces liberty. He and his wife have lived on the same farm since 1982. He is an educator, a veteran who served in Vietnam and Iraq, and an educator. His favorite leader is still Ronald Reagan.
CVF Conservative of the Day
Paul Broun Jr. (GA)
Representative Paul Broun, Jr. was first elected to Congress in a special election in 2007. From his first day in office he has become know as one who puts the Constitution in a prime place in his decisions. He has a "Four Way Test" to judge every bill before Congress: "1) Is it moral/right? 2) Is it constitutional? 3) Is it necessary? 4) Is it affordable?"
Broun is a leader in the push for fiscal responsibility. He has voted against bailouts and has sponsored an amendment to the Constitution that would require the balancing of the federal budget. This amendment is gaining the support of his colleagues.
Paul Broun is not a career politician but an old-fashioned physician who even made house calls to his patients. Conservative Victory supports conservatives - and only conservatives for election to the U.S. House and U.S. Senate. That's why Conservative Victory Fund supported Paul Broun when he first ran in the special election in2007 and continue to support his reelections.
Check out our record of electing solid conservatives
Recent Blog Posts
- Federal Deficit to Tick Up, Again
- OBAMACARE CLAIM OF 8 MILLION PLUS ENROLLEES: TRUE OR FALSE?
- CVF Endorsed Dr. Jody Hice Wins Georgia Runoff
- Lankford's Win Is A Victory for Conservatives In A Conservative Versus Conservative Battle
- CVF-backed Alex Mooney wins Primary in WV-2