New Strong Conservatives Elected To U.S. House Of Representatives
Your Help Made it Possible
The new Congress will see almost three dozen new Republican Members of Congress. Of these, many are future conservative leaders. They include:
- Tom Cotton (AR-04) is a principled conservative who graduated from Harvard College and Harvard Law School. He left his law practice to volunteer for the Army and declined a JAG offer to be an infantryman. In 2006, he was platoon leader in Iraq with the 101st Airborne. In 2008, he volunteered to go to Afghanistan. Your CVF endorsed him in the primary and helped him to win election. He will be a conservative leader and spokesman in Congress.
- Matt Salmon (AZ-05) is once again going to be an outstanding representative for Arizona and the nation. Matt is a conservative leader who does what he says he will do. Having served in Congress before, Matt will hit the ground running.
- Ron DeSantis (FL-06) is another solid conservative that Conservative Victory Fund endorsed in the primary. He is a graduate of Yale and a magna cum laude graduate of Harvard Law School. To help put himself through college, he worked at many jobs including sweeping floors, parking cars, working as an electrician's assistant and more. He is also a veteran of Iraq. He has served as federal prosecutor and a military prosecutor. He is a strong defender of the Constitution and wrote a book Dreams From Our Founding Fathers: First Principles in the Age of Obama.
- Jackie Walorski (IN-02) started her career as a television reporter. As a member of the Indiana legislature, she fought for lower taxes and cutting spending. Jackie has a record of standing up for conservatism while a member of the Indiana State Legislature. She will do the same in the U.S. House.
- Kerry Bentivolio (MI-11) was not supposed to win. Establishment Republicans first tired to defeat him with a write-in candidate. But it didn't work. He is a small government conservative who understands that centralizing power reduces liberty. He and his wife have lived on the same farm since 1982. He is an educator, a veteran who served in Vietnam and Iraq, and an educator. His favorite leader is still Ronald Reagan.
CVF Conservative of the Day
Jim Inhofe (OK)
Senator Inhofe has voted against each of the bailouts. He also leads the opposition in the Senate to the so-called "cap and trade" proposal that is actually a huge "cap and tax" that will cost every family in the United States, at least, $3,000 per year. As a result, he has been targeted by left-wing environmentalists. Senator Inhofe is also a leader in the Senate Armed Services Committee to keep our nation's military strong. He has visited our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan literally dozens of times. CVF is proud to have helped Senator Inhofe in his campaigns for the U.S. House and U.S. Senate.
Check out our record of electing solid conservatives
Recent Blog Posts
- Federal Deficit to Tick Up, Again
- OBAMACARE CLAIM OF 8 MILLION PLUS ENROLLEES: TRUE OR FALSE?
- CVF Endorsed Dr. Jody Hice Wins Georgia Runoff
- Lankford's Win Is A Victory for Conservatives In A Conservative Versus Conservative Battle
- CVF-backed Alex Mooney wins Primary in WV-2